Monday, February 2, 2009

Media Fast: Day 1

So today is the first day of my media fast. And for a majority of the day i was doing alright. I drove to and from campus without the radio worked on stuff for my research during free time and wasn't too phased about not being about to go on the internet or listen to music. That is of course until i came home for the night. that is when the trouble started. I walk into my apartment and there are two of my roommate sitting there watching tv so i scurry off to my room so i won't be tempted to watch. This of course forces me to eat dinner in my room, which is kinda awkward cause when i usually do that i am in front of the computer eating, usually surfing the web or something. So yeah it has been a rough night. I have come to the conclusion that i can live with out tv, i can live with interent, but living without music is absoultely killing me right now. For the past couple of hours i have been trying to read my bible and read Faith on the Edge but without my music i just can't focus, my mind keeps wondering and i am constantly getting distracted but something or another....ugh! I really just want to play some worship music right now since my teacher said that was allowed during the fast, but at the same time i feel like that would be cheating but i dunno what to do. Please Pray that God will give me the strength to perserve for i can not do this without his help!

1 comment:

  1. Lord hear your sweet daughters cry. Give her strength, calm her mind, draw her focus to you. Isaiah 26:3 says, "You will keep in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because (she) trusts in you. Give her peace Lord. Give her the calm assurance that you are walking with her, calling her to you. We get so accustomed to the noise of the world. May we revel in the stillness of the day.
    Blessings - Lisa

    ReplyDelete