Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Too Busy NOT to Pray

So its been a very VERY long time since I have updated this and I apologize for that. I could give a million different reasons why I have not updated but they all boil down to laziness/busy-ness. Now that may seem contradictory to you but let me explain. My life is so busy and chaotic between research, TAing, dance, and social activities that when I do get a moment to relax I get so lazy that I don't feel like reading my bible or updating this blog. And that is something I need to work on.

Recently my small group has been talking about what it is that hinders us from have a closer relationship with God and mine boils down to priorities and busy-ness. I get so busy and wraped up in the chaos that is my life that I forget to stop and examine what I have as priorities in my life. I know that my relationship with God should be my first and foremost priority but if I'm honest with myself...it's not. Its actually pretty far down on my list I must admit. I just don't know how/want to change it. Luckily my small group girls are there for me and have been helping come up plans here and there to help me.

I feel like this is deffiently something i need to work on cause it keeps popping up all around me. In fact, just this past weekend I went out of town for a friends wedding and stayed at another friend's house. Now the friend who I was staying with just become an Intervarsity intern at the College of Charleston and had recieved a bunch books for free from an old mentor. Most of them she didn't already own but there were a few books she did. As she was going through the books and seeing which ones she already owned, she hands me a book titled "Too Busy NOT To Pray: slowing down to be with God" and I was like WOW! This is exactly what I need right now. Its just so weird how God works sometimes I suppose. Anyways I started to read the book immediately and was overwhelmed by how much it applies to me right now. Therefore I am going to start over and blog my thoughts here. So feel free to join me on my journy and leave any comments you like. I will try to make my ramblings as cohesive and linear as possible, but I must warn you my mind sometimes doesn't work that way and I tend to make lots of random associations. But anyways...now on to the next entry and the first entry of this new book :)

No comments:

Post a Comment