Thursday, January 15, 2009

Live for Christ part 2

Lab was exhausting so i am not sure how much this is going to make sense but i am going to try my best....

v29: "For you have been given not only the privilege of trusting in Christ but also the privilege of suffering for him"
-In the world we live in today, it is so hard to think of suffering as a privilege that is bestowed onto us instead of something we must endure. I know i personally try to avoid suffering (despite my habit of focusing on the negative), but Paul tells us that when we suffer for Christ then we should view this as a honor. This is something that is hard for me to accept and do and yet it is something i need to do. I have the student life applications study bible and in it they have a little blurb about this verse and verse30 that i think is pretty cool and therefore will share with all of you as part of my closing remarks...

"Suffering has these additional benefits: (1) It takes us out of our comfort zone; (2) it weeds out those who are only half-serious about God; (3) it strengthens the faith of those who endure; (4) it serves as an example to others who may follow us. suffering for our faith doesn't mean we've done something wrong. In fact, the opposite is often true--it may verify that we have been faithful."

1 comment:

  1. Monique! I really love what you write! I wish you could find the necessary strength to find your way! Please carry on writing! It's the best thing you can do, it'll permit you analyze your thoughts! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete