Saturday, January 24, 2009

Strength...

After i wrote my last blog, i decided to go outside and bask in God's wonder and Glory. I found this little park that is right by the river and i love to just go there, sit, think and take pictures...its soo tranquil and pretty there. While i was there i decided i would read the passage for today and finish up Philippians. It was very nice, cold but nice...anyways here are some of the passages that struck me while i was reading (this will be short cause i am supposed to meet some of the girls from my new church soon)

v.11-12" Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little"
-Contentment. Its one of the those things that everyone wants but most of us are never ever able to obtain. It is prolly one of the hardest things to do in the world we live in, in which everything is "I want this.." or "I need that" etc. However, though God we can be content and through that contentment happy.

v. 13"For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength"
- This is one of my favorite verses of all time! It is also something that i have to constantly remind myself of: That it is through God's strength and not my own through which things are accomplished.

v. 19 "And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus."
- nice conculsion to the verses above and which it tells very plainly that we must rely on God for all needs and wants and not on ourselfs for God will provide a way and will provide us with everything we could ever needed. we just have to have faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment