Monday, January 19, 2009

media fast

So on Sunday, the leader for the young adults group at the church that i have been going to, presented us with a challenge for the month of February (starting the 2nd). The challenge was to go on a media fast....that means no internet, no music, no tv, no movies and no books. This is supposed to help break us of our addictions to the media and to allow us to grow stronger in fellowship and in God. to be honest i am scared out of my mind but i feel like this is really something that God is calling me to do. I mean first my friend posts about the need to be silent with God and to just turn off all the media and to be still with God, then Eric (the group leader) presents us this challenge and then as if that wasn't enough, when i get home from church etc yesterday i go to check my comics and see this....









so based on all of this i think that is something that i need to do and that God is yelling at me to do. Like i said i am scared out of my mind about this, but that just goes to show how strongly attached to the media i am and how much i need to let go in order to truely focus on God and his will. However, since the purpose of this blog is still help keep me accountable for reading the bible etc i will continue to blog here but be forwarned the begining of feburary might contain some writtings that have me complaining about the fast. so please pray for me and that i will be able to rely on the strength of God and not mine own to see me through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment